Everything You Need to Know About Magnolia Market


Over Spring Break 2020, my friend and I decided to drive to Waco, TX for a day. (To read about everything we did while we were there, click HERE.) The main thing we wanted to do was obviously Magnolia Market because who doesn’t love Fixer Upper and Chip and Joanna Gaines. This was my first time here. We left super early in the morning so we could make it to Magnolia around when it opened to avoid crowds. We went on a Wednesday the day before the Spring at the Silos event was supposed to start, and there weren’t many people for the first hour or more.


We parked around the corner in a paid parking lot. It cost $10 for the whole day, but there were free parking lots close by that we didn’t see when we were driving in.


We walked by the Silos Baking Co. as we were walking in so we stopped there first to get some breakfast. Only a certain number of people are allowed in the building at a time, so they start a line outside and around the building when it is full. Later in the day, there was a huge line outside, but when we walked by, we got to go right in and only had a couple people in front of us to order. I got the Prize Pig which is a homemade biscuit with cheese and bacon mixed in. My friend got the Classic Cupcake with chocolate cupcake and vanilla frosting. Both were absolutely delicious, and I wish we could have tried everything on the menu.

This super cute Magnolia Silos mural is on the side of the Silos Baking Co. in the eating area.

When we got into the gates, I was surprised at how much smaller it was than I thought. There were only two stores. In the middle is a big green area with turf for people to play provided games on. I saw that cornhole was in the game organizer, but I don’t remember what else they had.


We started at the smaller Magnolia Seed+Supply, a gardening store. They had seeds, small plants, and gardening tools to name a few things sold here. Outside of it is a smaller garden and greenhouse. I loved all the flowers and trees that were planted.


The other store is one giant store with a couple of rooms. They have homegoods and souvenir type products here. Chip has his own little corner in the second room with more boyish things. This store is huge and has everything kind of decor item you can imagine. My friend bought the Spring candle and I just got a Magnolia Market magnet.

This was the second part of the big store.
We left Magnolia to see some other sights in Waco after spending only about 45 minutes to an hour here. Since there weren’t many people there, we could move quickly through everything. 

We came back later to eat at the food trucks for lunch. My friend and I both got a classic grilled cheese and tomato basil with roasted butternut squash soup from Cheddar Box. This was the best grilled cheese and tomato soup that I have ever had. I also tried the lavender lemonade at the Magnolia Table truck which was good but not my favorite. I’m more of a strawberry lemonade person. I can’t wait to try some of the other food trucks next time I go.


This year, Magnolia plans to add a baseball field, a designated food truck area, and six new stores to the property. They’re also relocating a small historic church to the property. I can’t wait to see these new additions on my next trip there!

If you liked this post, please share it using the share button, subscribe at the top to be notified when I post new content, and follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @happyclassyandsassy!

Click HERE for the link to my post about Things to Do in Waco, TX!
Pin Me!!

Comments

Popular Posts